Who said which? Match the answers below with these five quotations:
- Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- The beginning of wisdom is awe of the One.
- I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born.
- Who is wise? The one who learns from every person.
- It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.
a) Henry David Thoreau, author of Walden
b) Shalom Shabat, my grandfather, of blessed memory
c) the Book of Psalms
d) the Talmud
e) one of the above (which one?), quoted a second time in this quiz